Green Field Farms believes in growing food the way our family farms have done for centuries. Cows graze on lush green pastures to produce milk rich in cream and nutrients. Chickens roam freely and have clean, dry bedding to lay their eggs. Fruits and vegetables sprout from fields shaped by our horse drawn plows. The soil is cared for by the touch of our hands. Our certified organic products are produced in an earth friendly manner. We firmly believe in offering the same healthy, nourishing products to our customers as our families enjoy each day.
Our product quality and great taste result from time tested methods of natural and organic farming.
- By using horse-drawn plows to till the soil, we constantly monitor the health of our land and crops.
- All animal waste is distributed as an earth-friendly fertilizer.
- Pests and weeds are controlled with annual cover crops and tillage instead of harmful chemicals.
- Soils are replenished by crop rotation, using lime to sweeten the soils and compost to increase nutrients and add biology.
- Legumes naturally extract nitrogen from the air to convert to plant food.